Commodity Supplemental Food Program

Enroll the first Wednesday of each month at The Salvation Army on Burdick Street from 9:30 - 11am.

Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes, Senior Services, Inc., Area Agency on Aging, and The Salvation Army, launched the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) in October 2010 in conjunction with the Michigan Department of Education. This program helps get additional food resources into the hands of local seniors.

Here's how someone would qualify:

  • 60 years of age or older and have income at or below 130% of poverty. You must know your total household income at time of registration.You must also bring your state ID to the distribution site to show your eligibility.

  • Eligibility

    To qualify, income must be at or below the following CSFP Income Eligibility Guidelines:

    donate in Kalamazoo, MI

    The food, which is determined by the State of Michigan, and often includes fruits and vegetables, dried goods, meats, and cheese, helps fill the gap for as many as 650 residents each month at no cost to them.

    The CSFP distribution is held at 16 different distribution sites throughout Kalamazoo County. Enroll the first Wednesday of each month at The Salvation Army on Burdick Street from 10 a.m. - Noon.

    Please note: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

    Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
    (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
    (3) Email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.